Jennifer Howard is a graduate of the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law. After earning her undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Psychology and a Master of Business Administration degree from Georgia College & State University, she obtained a Master of Laws in International Law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law. As an undergraduate student, Ms. Howard studied in Moldova, Romania, and Hungary; and she returned to Europe as a graduate law student to study international human rights and comparative law at the Columbia Global Centers in Paris, France. Ms. Howard is trilingual in English, Spanish, and Sign Language; and she reads and writes French.
Ms. Howard’s past experience merged immigration, human and civil rights, environmental protection and social justice, youth education and development, animal welfare, and public interest law to create lasting healthy communities. Prior to joining Joseph Law Firm, P.C., Ms. Howard interned with the University of San Diego’s immigration legal clinic, providing family-based immigration assistance to the clinic’s low-income clients. Ms. Howard also volunteered with the Junior League of San Diego as a Legislative Liaison and with San Diego County’s Human Trafficking Task Force, where she worked as a community and policy advocate for human trafficking victims and transition-age foster youth. Ultimately, her passion for immigration law, human rights, and public service led her to Denver and to Joseph Law Firm.
Ms. Howard is a volunteer attorney with the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Denver Legal Nights, the Rocky Mountain Immigration Advocacy Network (RMIAN), and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Colorado. In 2016, she founded The Colossus Project, seeking to empower survivors of human trafficking and gender-based violence to achieve integrated quality of life and communal purpose through trauma-sensitive yoga, expressive arts, and wilderness-based healing. Ms. Howard is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the Colorado Bar Association (CBA) Immigration Section and Young Lawyers Division, and the Denver Bar Association (DBA) Young Lawyers Division.
In her spare time, Ms. Howard enjoys traveling, cooking, practicing yoga, and exploring the arts and the outdoors with her dog, Odin.
- University of San Diego School of Law – LL.M in International Law
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law – J.D
- Georgia College and State University – M.B.A.
- Georgia College and State University – B.A. Political Science, B.S. Psychology
- Civic & Community Activities:
- Volunteer Attorney, Denver Legal Nights
- Volunteer Attorney, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN)
- Legal Volunteer, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Member, Immigration Section and Young Lawyers Division, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Denver
- Sign Language
- University of San Diego School of Law - LL.M in International Law
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law - J.D
- Georgia College and State University - M.B.A.
- Georgia College and State University - B.A. Political Science, B.S. Psychology
- Sign Language
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association